Saturday, October 13, 2012

Riots and Damages in the Land of Peace

Infact, it is for the second time a riot has happened in Visharam, but for me and to much of my generation of people, this will be the first time to see the how riot happens. The real cause is 16 hours power cut in Visharam and all the Tamil Nadu, except Chennai.

I was very much enjoying my pleasant life in Chennai when I received a call from my home to take care of myself. That moment I thought something is happening in Chennai. But the news is from my native, I was shocked that some “pudupet guys” set ablaze our local TNEB office complex and destroyed all the files, tables and whatever kept in office. Local police came to diffuse the situation, it was out of control.

Riot police service were called and the police were yelling on the gathered public to go home and be out of the scene. None of the people moved, but more damages were brought to police vehicles, Wifi transmissions, fire service vehicles. By around 11pm lathi charge was pressed to action. Our local people would have come to know what will be the consequences when arrested in rioting scene.

Unfortunately many of my innocent friends were arrested, beaten black and blue. It is bad to tell that the real people involved in the act have escaped and the police arrested innocent people of many families. No bail and no help from any leaders and the arrested were struggling without food in jails.

Alas, they all will be missing this Bakrid festival and will be in compulsory remand for 14 days. Those who did escaped as of now, but they deserve punishment and should be brought to justice!

No comments: